Oscar Lebwohl, MD Specialties: Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology
Additional Locations for Oscar Lebwohl, MD
- 180 Fort Washington AvenueNew York
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Local 1199
- Magnacare (National)
- Oxford Health Plans
About Oscar Lebwohl, MD
Dr. Oscar Lebwohl is a graduate of Dartmouth College and Harvard Medical School. He completed his internship and residency in internal medicine at the Mount Sinai Medical Center. This was followed by a fellowship in Gastroenterology at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center and a fellowship in Liver Diseases at Mount Sinai. Dr. Lebwohl returned to Columbia in 1978 and has remained on the faculty since then in the Division of Digestive and Liver Diseases. He is currently the Richard and Rakia Hatch Professor of Medicine at Columbia University Medical Center and Vice Chairman of Development in the Department of Medicine at Columbia.
Dr. Lebwohl specializes in Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. In addition to his clinical practice he is actively involved in teaching and training Columbia medical students, residents and fellows. In 2010 he received the Ewig Clinical Scholar Award for outstanding teaching in the Department of Medicine. In 2013 Dr. Lebwohl received the Alfred Markowitz Service Award at the annual dinner of the Society of Practitioners at Columbia University Medical Center for outstanding service to the medical center.
Dr. Lebwohl has been listed annually in the Castle Connolly list of America's top doctors and New York top doctors. He has also been listed in New York Magazine's list of best doctors.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Colon and Rectal Disease
Colon Cancer Screening and Prevention
Disorder of Stomach
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Peptic Ulcer Disease
Small Bowel Problem
- Internal Medicine
- Best Doctors in America annual listings
- Castle Connolly America's Best Doctors annual listings
- Ewig Clinical Scholar, Department of Medicine, Columbia University Medical Center, 2010-2011
- New York Magazine Best Doctors listings
- New York Super Doctors annual listings
- Society of Practitioners at Columbia University Medical Center Alfred Markowitz M.D. award for outstanding service to CUMC, 2013