Paolo Carlo C Colombo, MD Specialties: Cardiovascular Disease, Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthplus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Fidelis Care
- Local 1199
- Magnacare (National)
- MVP Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
- Quality Health Management
- VNSNY CHOICE
Book an Appointment Online
About Paolo Carlo C Colombo, MD
Paolo C. Colombo is a cardiologist who specialized in treating patients with heart failure, cardiac assist device and heart transplant. Dr. Colombo is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and in Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology.
Dr. Colombo received his medical degree, magna cum laude from the University of Milan in Italy. He completed his internal medicine residency and fellowship at Montefiore Medical Center, the university hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York. He then specialized in heart failure and transplant at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center in New York.
Dr. Colombo has been on ColumbiaDoctors faculty since 2002. He is the Sudhir Choudhrie Professor of Cardiology and serves as the Medical Director of the Mechanical Circulatory Support program.
An internationally renowned investigator, Dr. Colombo has been awarded research grants from the National Institutes of Health, American Heart Association as well as other research foundations. Dr. Colombo has published more than 260 manuscripts and presented his research all over the world.
Dr. Colombo sees patients at Columbia University Medical Center in Washington Heights.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
Heart Transplant Management
Left Ventricular Assist Devices (LVAD)
Mechanical Assist Device
- Fellowship: Montefiore Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Medical School: University of Milan Faculty of Medicine and Surgery (Italy)
- Residency: Montefiore Medical Center
- Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Disease