Pinkal Desai, M.D. Specialties: Hematology/Oncology
Additional Locations for Pinkal Desai, M.D.
- 520 East 70th StreetNew York
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna - NYP
- Aetna - Weill Cornell
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield Healthplus
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans
- United Healthcare
- VNSNY CHOICE
About Pinkal Desai, M.D.
Pinkal Desai MD, MPH is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Physician at the New York-Presbyterian Hospital. After obtaining her MBBS at Byramjeejeebhoy Medical College in India in 2005, Dr. Desai obtained an MPH at the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Public Health. Following her residency at Wayne State University, Detroit Medical Center, she underwent fellowship training in Hematology-Medical Oncology at Providence Hospital Medical Center, serving as Chief Fellow from 2012-2013. Dr. Desai was recruited to serve in our Leukemia Program to develop a clinical practice devoted to leukemia, myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) and myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPN). She will be developing clinical and translational research protocols and projects in the areas of leukemia, MDS and MPN.Dr. Desai is published in Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers Prevention and International Journal of Molecular Epidemiology and Genetics. She is the lead author and co-author on numerous WHI (Women’s Health Initiative) paper proposals and has presented abstracts at national meetings. She is a member of American Society of Hematology (ASH) and American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and has served on the ASCO University Committee.
- Fellowship: Providence Hospital Medical Center
- Medical School: B J Medical College
- Residency: Detroit Medical Center
- 1998 Certificate of Merit for excellence in Chemistry and Biology - Awarded to top 0.1% of students nationwide in undergraduate exams.
- 1998-2004 Dhirubhai Ambani Scholarship for Academic Excellence for being in top 5 in academic ranking in state level undergraduate exams
- 2012 American Association of Cancer Research (AACR) In-training Scholar Award for meritorious abstract presented at AACR/SABCS