Roger Allen Maxfield, MD Specialties: Cancer Care, Pulmonary Disease Medicine, Internal Medicine
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- United Health Care
About Roger Allen Maxfield, MD
Dr. Maxfield treats patients with a wide range of pulmonary diseases, including asthma, emphysema, lung cancer, and pulmonary infections. He has a special interest in interventional bronchoscopy including balloon dilatation, stent insertion, brachytherapy (endobronchial radiotherapy), argon plasma coagulation (non-contact electrocautery), and lung volume reduction surgery including bronchoscopic lung volume reduction for advanced emphysema.
Dr. Maxfield is a federally certified B-Reader for interpreting chest x-rays for pneumoconiosis (National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health). He is involved in clinical trials studying bronchoscopic insertion of one-way valves, stents, and coils for treatment of advanced emphysema.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Lung Volume Reduction Surgery (LVRS)
Occupational Lung Disease
Pulmonary Infectious Diseases
- Internal Medicine
- America's Top DoctorsA, 9th-14th editions, 2016 editions, 2017 editions
- Best Doctors in AmericaA 2001-2016 editions
- Ewig Award for outstanding teaching 2011-2012
- Fellowship in American College of Chest Physicians
- Fellowship in American College of Physicians
- Hall of Fame: 2017
- New York Magazine Best Doctors: 6/5/00, 6/15/09, 6/14/10, 06/13/11, 6/11/12, 5/30/16
- New York Super Doctors: 2008-2017
- Top Doctors: New York Metro Area, 1st-18th editions, 2017 edition
- USPHS National Health Service Corps Award for dedicated and outstanding service