Shari Platt, MD Specialties: Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna - NYP
- Aetna - Weill Cornell
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield Healthplus
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans
- United Healthcare
About Shari Platt, MD
Dr. Shari L. Platt is the Chief of Pediatric Emergency Medicine at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center and Vice Chair of Pediatric Emergency Medicine in the Department of Emergency Medicine. Dr. Platt also serves as Director of the Pediatric Emergency Medicine fellowship program, and Medical Director of the American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support program at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.
After receiving her B.A. from the University of Pennsylvania, Dr. Platt entered medical school at the State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn, earning her medical degree (M.D.). She completed her residency in pediatrics at New York Hospital and a fellowship in pediatric emergency medicine at the New York University School of Medicine/Bellevue Hospital Center. In addition to her clinical work, Dr. Platt is a dedicated teacher and has taught in numerous venues for the Departments of Pediatrics and Emergency Medicine and the Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine. She is committed to fellow and resident education and research. She has a dedicated interest in Evidence Based Medicine and in teaching this tool to residents and fellows. Dr. Platt is also involved in numerous administrative activities, including membership in hospital and departmental committees, such as trauma, quality assurance, operations, and division chiefs. She is a fellow in the American Academy of Pediatrics, Emergency Medicine Section member as well as a member of the Ambulatory Pediatric Association.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Komansky Children's Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian Lower Manhattan Hospital
Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Fellowship: New York University Medical Center
- Medical School: State University of New York Downstate College of Medicine
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine