Shari Platt, M.D.
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna - NYP
- Aetna - Weill Cornell
- Aetna [Weill Cornell Employee Plan]
- Affinity [HMO]
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Pathway Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthplus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield Healthplus
- Fidelis Care
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans
- Oxford Health Plans [Metro/Core/Charter (HMO)]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Healthcare
- VNSNY CHOICE
About Shari Platt, M.D.
Dr. Shari L. Platt is the Chief of Pediatric Emergency Medicine at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, Director of the Pediatric Emergency Medicine fellowship program, and the Medical Director of the American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support program at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.
After receiving her B.A. from the University of Pennsylvania, Dr. Platt entered medical school at the State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn, earning her medical degree (M.D.). She completed her residency in pediatrics at New York Hospital and a fellowship in pediatric emergency medicine at the New York University School of Medicine/Bellevue Hospital Center.
In addition to her clinical work, Dr. Platt is a dedicated teacher and has taught in numerous venues for the Departments of Pediatrics and Emergency Medicine and the Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine. She is committed to fellow and resident education and research. She has a dedicated interest in Evidence Based Medicine and in teaching this tool to residents and fellows.
Dr. Platt is also involved in numerous administrative activities, including membership in hospital and departmental committees, such as trauma, quality assurance, operations, moderate sedation and division chiefs. She is a fellow in the American Academy of Pediatrics, Emergency Medicine Section member as well as a member of the Ambulatory Pediatric Association and President of the Executive Committee of The New York Society of Pediatric Emergency Medicine.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Komansky Children's Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian Lower Manhattan Hospital
- Medical School: State University of New York Downstate College of Medicine
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine