Shilpa Ravella, MD Specialties: Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology
Additional Locations for Shilpa Ravella, MD
- 161 Fort Washington AvenueFloor 8New York
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
About Shilpa Ravella, MD
Dr. Shilpa Ravella is a gastroenterologist with expertise in nutrition and an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Columbia University Medical Center where she specializes in the care of patients with a range of nutritional issues, including those with complex rare diseases requiring intestinal or multivisceral transplantations. Dr. Ravella earned her B.S. in Biology from MIT and an M.D. from the University of Pittsburgh. She offers an integrative approach to patient care and is interested in the interactions between food, the microbiome and the immune system, particularly the potential of nutritional therapy to prevent and treat disease. She speaks and writes on food, health and wellness and has written for a variety of national media including The Atlantic, New York Magazine, Slate, Discover, USA Today, PBS TED-Ed. She has been featured as an expert in Forbes, Cosmopolitan, Food and Wine, Glamour, Women's Health and many other outlets, and has appeared on radio and national television, including ABC's Good Morning America.
Visit The Center for Liver Disease and Transplantation at columbiasurgery.org/liver
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- Fellowship: University of Illinois at Chicago Medical Center
- Medical School: University of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
- Residency: Boston University Medical Center
- Internal Medicine
- 2016 Columbia University Public Voices Fellow
- 2013 Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA) Visiting IBD Fellow, Massachusetts General Hospital