Sonia Tolani, MD Specialties: Cardiovascular Disease
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthplus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Fidelis Care
- Local 1199
- Magnacare (National)
- MVP Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
- Quality Health Management
- VNSNY CHOICE
About Sonia Tolani, MD
Dr. Tolani received her medical degree with honors from New York University School of Medicine. She completed her internship, medical residency and her fellowship in cardiovascular medicine at Columbia University Medical Center in New York City. As part of her cardiology fellowship, Dr. Tolani spent several years studying the interplay of cholesterol and inflammation and how this interaction impacts atherosclerosis. Her research has been published in core journals including Atherosclerosis, Journal of Clinical Investigation and Journal of Immunology.
Dr. Tolani is part of the ColumbiaDoctors Hypertension Center and she is the co-Director of the Columbia Women's Heart Center, a unique program focusing on providing state of the art treatment and preventative care to women of all ages. In addition to her clinical work, Dr. Tolani is also working on developing digital tools to better educate health care providers about heart disease in women and to improve heart disease awareness in women globally.
Dr. Tolani's areas of expertise include consultative cardiology, preventative medicine and women's heart disease including the treatment of gestational hypertension and preeclampsia. She is board-certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiology and Echocardiography.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Cardiovascular Risk Reduction
Cholesterol and Triglyceride Management
Heart Disease and Women
Hormone Replacement Therapy
Hypertension In Pregnancy
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
- 6/2011 Winner of Daniel L. Macken Cardiology Fellowship Research Award
- 5/2006 Medical Degree Conferred with Honors in Microbiology
- 5/2006 Bertram M. Gesner Memorial Award for Excellence in Immunology research