Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Aetna - NYP
- Aetna - Weill Cornell
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield Healthplus
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans
- United Healthcare
- VNSNY CHOICE
About Thomas Ciecierega, M.D.
Dr. Thomas Ciecierega is an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Assistant Attending Pediatrician at New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. Dr. Ciecierega is the Director of the Pediatric Motility Center, the most comprehensive motility center in the tri-state area. He is also the Director of the Pediatric Endoscopy Unit at NewYork-Presbyterian Phyllis and David Komansky Center for Children's Health/Weill Cornell Medical Center. Dr. Ciecierega is a leading world expert in pediatric motility, specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of complex motility disorders. He specializes in complex esophageal, gastric, intestinal, colonic, and anorectal motility testing. Dr. Ciecierega’s expertise goes beyond routine gastroenterology testing as he specializes in advanced endoscopic procedures. Dr. Ciecierega co-directs many multispecialty clinics at the Komansky Center including the Aerodigestive Clinic, Chest Pain Clinic and Constipation Clinic. Dr. Ciecierega leads multidisciplinary teams which include pulmonologists, ENT specialists, speech and swallow specialists, dieticians and surgery specialists. He specializes in treating children with complex inborn or acquired ano-rectal and esophageal defects such as imperforated anus, esophageal atresia and trachea-esophageal fistula. Because of his extensive expertise, he sees patients who are referred to him by other specialists not only from the local area and from around the country but also from around the world. Dr. Ciecierega completed his medical degree (M.D.) at the Karol Marcinkowski University of Medical Sciences in Poznan, Poland. He then immigrated to United States in 2003. He went on to train at the Goryeb Children's Hospital in Morristown, New Jersey where he completed a three-year residency in Pediatrics, followed by a Fellowship in Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Medical College of Wisconsin. Dr. Ciecierega is a past member of an elite Pediatric Motility Committee and currently a member of Endoscopy and Procedures Committee at North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (NASPGHN). Dr. Ciecierega's interests include aerodigestive disorders, congenital ("born with") esophageal and ano-rectal defects, motility disorders, feeding problems, constipation and gastroesophageal reflux disease. Dr. Ciecierega is co-directing yearly international Pediatric, Adolescent and Adult Foregut Interdisciplinary Symposium. In addition to his clinical work, Dr. Ciecierega is an active researcher and educator. He is well recognized and has presented his research and taught at many national and international conferences. Dr. Ciecierega has a strong interest in medical education. His academic pursuits include lecturing to residents and fellows in the clinical setting. His has extensive research in areas of motility, reflux and constipation. Dr. Ciecierega In the News:Dr. Ciecierega's interview in The Examiner, where he talks about the benefits and use of capsule endoscopy
- Fellowship: Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
- Medical School: Karol Marcinkowski University of Medical Sciences Faculty of Medicine Poland
- Residency: Goryeb Children's Hospital
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
- 2016-Current Endoscopy and Procedures Committee member, North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition.
- 2013-2016 Neurogastroenterology and Motility Committee member, North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition.
- 08/2010 Young Investigator Travel Award granted by American Neurogastroenterology and Motility Society for research findings in field of "Esophageal Epithelial Intercellular Space A marker of Esophageal Injury in Non-Erosive Reflux Disease"
- 11/2009 Poster of distinction granted by North American Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition for research findings in field of "Single Day Preparation with Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) 3350: An Effective Regimen for Colonoscopy in Children.
- 06/1999 Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- 06/1999 Certificate of Excellence for Highest GPA in Biology
- 06/1999 Honor Award for Outstanding Achievement in Bachelor of Arts/Biology
- Certificate of Appreciation for Serving as a Peer Supporter for 4 years
- 06/1998 Felician College Student of the Year