Walter R Palmas-melinger, MD Specialties: Internal Medicine
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Local 1199
- Magnacare (National)
- MVP Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
About Walter R Palmas-melinger, MD
Dr. Palmas graduated magna cum laude from the University of Buenos Aires' School of Medicine. He completed cardiology training in Buenos Aires, a nuclear cardiology fellowship at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center/UCLA, and internal medicine residency at St. Luke's-Roosevelt Medical Center. He has a masters degree in biostatistics from Columbia University. Honors include the Rotary Foundation Post-Doctoral Scholarship, and the Ewig Clinical Scholarship. He teaches the medicine residency Evidence Based Medicine seminar. His research ranges from epidemiology and genetics to randomized trials. Currently, he is principal investigator of the Northern Manhattan Diabetes Community Outreach Project, which studies the efficacy of a Community Health Worker intervention to improve diabetes care in Hispanic adults. He leads the MESA SHARE blood pressure working group and the Genomics in Hispanics for Blood Pressure consortium, participating in global efforts to identify genetic causes of hypertension.
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- Fellowship: Cedars Sinai Medical Center
- Internship: St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center
- Medical School: University of Buenos Aires Faculty of Medicine (Argentina)
- Residency: St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center
- Internal Medicine
- Rotary Foundation Scholar.
- Ewig Clinical Scholar, Columbia University.